Medical and Complementary Therapy Fact Sheets
The COB Foundation has produced a range of medical and complementary therapy fact sheets which give an explanation of medication, treatments and complementary therapies that are commonly associated with all forms of bladder illness.
Members receive the choice of their first six fact sheets free of charge. Further sheets can be obtained for a small cost.
Complementary Therapy Fact Sheets
Many sufferers find that alternative therapies prove beneficial in helping their symptoms. We have many and varied fact sheets, the following are the most commonly requested.
- Acupuncture and Acupressure
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Herbal Medicine
Medication and Treatment Fact Sheets
We have produced a range of medication and treatment fact sheets which give information commonly associated with all forms of bladder illness.
Many sufferers want to learn more about the medication, applications and treatment options available to them. We have many different fact sheets, the following are the most commonly requested.
- Antibiotics Prescribed for Bacterial Cystitis
- Antidepressants and S.S.R.I.s
- Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium – (Elmiron®)
- Kentera Patches
- Hyaluronic Acid (Cystistat®)
- Gepan® instill
- Flexible Cystoscopy
- Sex, Cystitis & Overactive Bladder
Other Fact Sheets
- A Man’s Guide to Interstitial Cystitis
- Diet and Interstitial Cystitis
- A Guide for Male Partners of an IC Sufferer
- An Employer’s Guide to Cystitis and Overactive Bladder